Electrical audit of Earthing systems
JEF Earthing System ‘Health Assessment’ ensures the healthiness of complete Earthing system. It is important that the Earthing system is inspected periodically to ensure the effectiveness. Since the majority of Earthing System is buried underground/inaccessible, it suffers from “OUT OF SIGHT IS OUT OF MIND” syndrome.
Unseen Components like Equipment Earth Conductor (Strip), Earth Grids / Mats which are buried or inaccessible, tend to be taken for granted or ignored, though they are crucial
As per CEA regulation 41 (xv) b, resistance of earthing system shall be maintained as low as possible such that sufficiently large fault current flows in the circuit and the breaker trips ON TIME to isolate the faulty circuit.
A Complete Earthing System with all its components- Equipment Earth Conductor, Earth Electrode, and Earth Grid / Mat should offer low resistance path for fault current to flow so that breakers trip in time to prevent accidents such as -Fire, Short Circuit, and Electric Shock and so on.
Need for JEF earthing health assessment audit
- Normally Earth Electrode (Pit) Resistance alone is measured periodically. Electrical System is deemed to be safe with a low Earth Electrode Resistance.
- The Integrity of Earth Conductor (Strip) between Earth Electrode and Equipment is rarely checked.
- Hence Breaker may not trip even if Earth Electrode Resistance is low.
- In reality, timely operation of the breaker (Electrical Safety) depends on the resistance of earth loop formed by equipment earth conductor (Strip), earth electrode and phase conductor.
- System modifications and Deterioration of Earthing System can render the original design calculations of protection system (breakers) invalid.
- JEF’s assessment methodology covers this crucial gap by checking all the above parameters, thereby ensuring timely operation of the breakers to prevent accidents/damage.
- Carried out on live systems without Shutdown using sophisticated meters and practices.
- By emphasizing and encouraging the use of right personal protection equipment.
The above products available in Aluminum, Copper, Galvanized Steel & Stainless Steel.
DesignOn deliverable basis
SupplyOn deliverable basis
InstallationOn deliverable basis