1. Lightning discharges are of very high energy and can have devastating effects depending on the path of its discharge. Lightning strike is not predictable and is a random phenomenon both from the aspect of its occurrence and intensity or the energy discharge.
2.Assessing the risk caused by lightning is a complex process because the likelihood that your facility will be facing a lightning strike depends on several factors.
3.In addition, we all know that lightning can cause severe damages to human lives, historical monuments, industrial buildings/structures, and whatnot! There is a high possibility that the electrical/electronic equipment inside these buildings/structures might also be at risk. The only way to find that out, to do a LIGHTNING RISK ASSESSMENT for your building/structure!For any household or business structure, use our free lightning risk assessment calculator.The lightning risk calculator is use to estimate the cost of installations in power systems and lightning applications.
4.To perform all the calculations manually and to arrive at the risk level might be a tedious task. You will need an expert to perform the task and you will have to invest both your time and money for the same. To make this task incredibly easy for you, we, at JEF, have come up with an automated tool to perform your RISK ASSESSMENT within seconds.
JEF SHIELD- LIGHTNING PROTECTION RISK ASSESSMENT, CONCEPT DESIGN DRAWINGS & BILL OF MATERIALS TOOL
5. Jef Shield is a unique automated user-friendly tool for Lightning Protection Risk Assessment as per IS/IEC 62305. This tool helps you to carry out a comprehensive risk assessment with the required data about the structure & equipment that needs protection. JEF shield is a “ONE STOP SOLUTION” to assess the overall risk of lightning and propose a conceptual design & tentative bill of materials for any green field project.
HOW IT WORKS?
6.First and foremost thing to do is REGISTER yourself with your mobile number!
FOLLOW THE 3 SIMPLE STEPS TO REGISTER:
1. Go to www.jeftechno.com
2. Click on “JEF SHIELD”
\ 3. Enter your mobile number, verify with the OTP (One-time Password)
4. Next part would be feeding the input data of the building/structure for which you need to evaluate the risk. Accurate data helps in arriving at an accurate level of protection, which in-turn results in cost optimization. A unique dashboard is created for your registered mobile number. All the risk assessment reports you generate will be saved in the dashboard.
WHY DO YOU NEED JEF SHIELD TOOL?
1.Lightning Protection risk assessment as per IS/IEC 62305-2
2. Concept, Design and BOQ generation as per IS/IEC 62305-3
3.Guides you to select the appropriate and optimized protection
4. Easy to Use
5. Complete Risk Assessment with a few clicks
6. 3D Model
7. BOQ Generation
8. Cost Estimate for tendering and budgetary purposes
9. Not only limited to this, also provision for uploading the drawings, to get the Detailed
10. LPS Design Drawings
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF JEF SHIELD TOOL?
It is reliable - Data Safety, password protected & OTP credentials on the registered mobile number.
Easy to review - Unique dashboard available for each user.
Revise - Data Updation and modification possible.
Lightning Risk assessment along with BOQ and tentative design will be available in < 99 seconds of providing the inputs.
Automatically determines the optimized level of protection. The software helps in arriving at the most optimal techno-economical solution which is extremely difficult and time consuming when using manual computation methods.
3.Easy to Assess
Simply register using the procedures above, and you will be able to generate all of the necessary reports in PDF format, which you can download to your local machine.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THE LEVEL OF PROTECTION SHOWN IN THE REPORT IS CORRECT OR NOT?
To answer this question, you need to get a basic idea of how exactly the software functions and below points will help you in understanding that.
1. Lightning Hazard Evaluation - This is the first step to evaluate the severity of lightning. The severity of lightning differs from region to region, but it is not sufficient to consider the frequency of cloud-to-ground lightning of the area. Other factors such as Building Dimensions, Risk of Fire, Fire protection measures, Number of Functional Hours, Type of Building, Total number of People in the structure and so on should be considered. These factors basically form the “INPUT DATA” for your building/structure.
2. Lightning Risk Assessment - This is a process to assess the lightning risk from the loss of damage caused by lightning and its occurrence frequency under a given lightning hazard. The risk R is defined as the product of occurrence frequency of damage caused by lightning and loss by the damage.
3. Lightning Risk Management - This is a process to determine the best risk management policy considering the lightning risk, the loss of the damage and cost of protection.
4. Designing of Lightning Protection System - We have developed a novel lightning risk assessment & Design Tool, using this tool, we can evaluate lightning hazard level and lightning risk based on the lightning data, facility data and topographical data.
5. Bill Of Materials- This is the final step where-in automated bill of materials with the consolidated cost will be generated. This can be used as tentative cost estimation for tendering and budgetary purposes.
Contact us for more information on Lightning Risk Assessment and Lightning Protection System for your facility today.
NOTE-THE USAGE OF JEF SHIELD IS FREE OF COST FOR ALL CONSULTANTS. HOWEVER, THE RIGHT OF USE WILL BE STRICTLY AT THE DISCRETION OF JEF TECHNO SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED.
Know more about other services we offer,
Grounding Health Assessment
Electrical Safety Audit
Power Quality Analysis & Real-time Monitoring
For more information, contact us at [email protected]"